Die folgende Ausschreibung einer Experienced Researcher Position bzw. Post-Doktorand/inn/enstelle zu Kanonischen Referenzen in digitalen wissenschaftlichen Editionen mag für den einen oder die andere hier von Interesse sein:
Neben einer Einbindung in das Marie Curie Netzwerk DiXiT, hat die Kandidatin/der Kandidat die Chance, am Zentrum für Informationmodellierung in einem aktiven DH-Umfeld zu forschen.
Wir freuen uns auf zahlreiche Bewerbungen!
Bewerbungsfrist ist der 29. Januar 2016.
* * *
“Canonical reference & sustainability of digital editions”
(40 hours/week; fixed-term employment for the period of 12 months, starting 1 April 2016)
The Centre for Information Modeling – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities at the University of Graz has rich experience in DH research and teaching and is involved in a variety of (inter)national projects. The main research area of the ZIM-ACDH is digital edition as a generalizable method of semantic and formal enrichment and analysis of research data from the humanities and cultural heritage domains.
- The research fellow will do supervised research on “Canonical reference & sustainability of digital editions” in the Marie Curie Initial Training Network “DiXiT”.
- It is crucial that digital scholarly editions are stable reference texts that embed in themselves established canonical reference systems and persistent identifiers (PIDs). The relationship between well-established reference systems and technical PID systems will be explored in order to contribute to a common resolving infrastructure.
- The candidate will conduct theoretical research on canonical reference and human naming systems and their inherent logics, develop a proposal for a generic referencing system for digital editions and implement this system in the Graz FEDORA-Commons-Infrastructure GAMS (http://gams.uni-graz.at/doku) as a proof of concept.
- Relevant doctoral university degree (or research experience of at least four years), preferably in the Humanities.
- Prior experience with scholarly editing and canonical reference systems.
- Ability to present the subject in English (spoken and written).
- High level of commitment and motivation for scientific work and international collaboration.
This position is funded through the Digital Scholarly Editions Initial Training Network (DiXiT). To download the mandatory Application Form, visit dixit.uni-koeln.de/fellowships/application/. Note that applicants
- must be in possession of a doctoral degree (or have research experience of at least four years) and have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization (i.e. Austria) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment.
- must be willing to spend a time period of up to 2 months of their tenure at one of the DiXiT partner institutions.
Application Deadline: 29 January, 2016
Send your application, consisting of a letter of intent, your CV and a brief outline (up to 1 page) of a specific project you would like to realize in the context of this position by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to:
Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung
Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities
University of Graz
Elisabethstraße 59/III, A-8010 Graz
The completed Application Form must be sent separately to: email@example.com
For further information see dixit.uni-koeln.de/fellowships/experienced-researchers/ or contact the Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or +43 316 380 2292.
Veröffentlicht von Frederike Neuber