Stellenausschreibung: DARIAH’s Board of Directors is looking for a new member (0,5 FTE)
DARIAH, the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, is a European research infrastructure, which aims to enhance and support digitally-enabled research and teaching across the arts and humanities. DARIAH’s mission is to empower research communities with digital methods to create, connect and share knowledge about culture and society. We maintain an infrastructure that supports researchers working in the diverse community of practice known as the arts and humanities to build, analyse and interpret digital or hybrid resources. DARIAH was established as a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in August 2014 and is one of the Landmarks on the Roadmap of the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI). In 2021, the consortium is composed of 20 member countries and 1 observer, as well as many cooperating partners across 9 non-member countries.
The Board of Directors is the executive body of the DARIAH ERIC and its legal representative. It is composed of 3 members, each working on a part-time basis (0,5 FTE). We are looking to appoint a new member of the Board of Directors from 1 January 2023, who will work closely with the two other existing members.
Applicants for this position should be:
- an active researcher with significant experience in the application of digital methods to arts and humanities research and a good understanding of what a research infrastructure entails.
- an inspirational leader, with a proven track record of managing national and international organisations or projects.
- a flexible and gifted communicator, able to advocate for DARIAH’s interests across disciplines and countries, with scientific, political and general audiences.
If you wish to apply, please send an email to Chris De Loof, Chair of the General Assembly, email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- a 2-3 page CV, outlining your research activities and strategic leadership experience
- a covering letter in support of your application
- The names and contact details of at least two referees
- a 2-3 page document outlining your vision for DARIAH for the next 3 years.
The closing date for applications is: Sunday, 11 September 2022.
For more information and details on the application procedure, please download the full post description.