SNSF postdoctoral researcher (postdoc) in digital humanities
- Expected start date: February 1st, 2022
- Contract length: 4 years, not renewable
- Activity rate: 100%
- Workplace: Lausanne-Dorigny
Application deadline: November 15, 2021
In the context of the SNSF project Towards Computational Historiographical Modeling: Corpora and Concepts (PI: Michael Piotrowski) we are looking for a highly motivated postdoc in digital humanities. The project is in line with a research program that aims to develop epistemological and methodological foundations for digital humanities.
The focus of your work will be on the investigation of concepts as models: How do they function and how are they used? Are there structural similarities that would allow us to create a metamodel for formalizing concepts? While these are general issues in digital humanities, the project will examine them in the context of historical research in particular. You will work together with the PI and a PhD candidate and contribute to the project as a whole.
- PhD in digital humanities, a historical discipline, philosophy of science, or equivalent (PhD in hand at the start of the position).
- Marked interest in epistemological questions and methodology, historiography, and theory of history.
- Interest in digital humanities, computational modeling, and interdisciplinary research.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently; willing to collaborate in a diverse and multilingual environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English. French language skills are not required, but a working knowledge of French would be useful (the work environment is French-speaking); knowledge of German would be an advantage.
Offical job posting
For the official job posting and the application link, please go to
Only applications submitted via this site will be considered.
Contact for further information
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Piotrowski firstname.lastname@example.org