The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities (ACDH), a research department of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) Austria’s leading non-university research facility, is currently offering a
POST DOC POSITION (F*M) in Digital Humanities
(full time, 40h per week)
for a limited period until December 31, 2023. This position will be at the centre of a new research focus that we are currently establishing at the ACDHOeAW, on digital prosopography. The role includes use of prosopographical resources built at Austrian Academy of Sciences, and contributions to an infrastructure for prosopographical research. Digital prosopography ranges from classical ancient history to computational social science, from information extraction to visualisations of complex prosopographical data sets. The successful candidate will be expected to initiate independent research projects and apply for external funding where feasible; to advise colleagues both within and outside the ACDH-OeAW about available prosopographical tools and resources, and to present his or her work internationally at conferences and in scientific journals.
- A doctoral degree, either in computer science, informatics, computational social science or a related field
- At least 4 years experience in digital humanities/computational social science research
- Good knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Good knowledge of one or more research domains within the humanities
- Ability to conceive and execute projects independently
- Good communication skills Written and spoken fluency in German and/or English
We offer a full-time employment (40 hours per week) for an annual gross salary of € 43.828,40 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
The position will begin on February 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. It is initially terminable by 31. December 2023, with a possibility of extension thereafter.
Please send your application via email to email@example.com no later than December 31, 2019. They should include the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic CV and list of publications
- Two-page proposal for a research project to be carried out at the ACDH-OeAW
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The ÖAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.